Table of Contents
- 1 Are You Wondering When Can You File Taxes in 2022?
- 2 Tax Season 2022 Start Date
- 3 What is the Soonest You Can File Taxes in 2022?
- 4 When is the Last Day for Filing Taxes
- 5 Additional Tax Filing Facts to Keep in Mind
- 6 Tips for Filing Your Taxes
- 7 How to Get a Fast Tax Refund
- 8 What to Do if You Have Not Received Your W-2
- 9 IRS News – Getting Ready to File 2021, 2022 Federal Income Tax Returns
- 10 How to File Taxes Online in 3 Simple Steps - TurboTax Tax Tip Video
Are You Wondering When Can You File Taxes in 2022?
The IRS should start accepting tax returns somewhere between Jan 15 and Feb 15, 2022.
As soon as an official IRS announcement is made, it will be posted here.
Did you know, anyone can get started with early online tax filing and get a head-start on their tax return.
If you file your taxes online, your tax return will be automatically transmitted to the IRS as soon as they open the new tax season.
Online software offers advanced tools to help you file your taxes and pay the least amount possible. There is no faster way for taxpayers to get their tax refunds!
Online software companies, including IRS Free File partners, start accepting tax returns in mid-December.
Tax Season 2022 Start Date
The IRS 2021, 2022 tax season start date will be between Jan 15 and Feb 15, 2022, allowing online efile of tax returns for most tax filers. Paper tax returns will most likely begin processing later in mid to late February as IRS system updates continue. (IRS recommends e-filing for faster refunds)
With online tax filing, you can get a head-start on the IRS 2021,2022 tax season start date.
If you start on your taxes now, you’ll be the first to get your refund back! You’ll be asked simple questions about your life and income, and we’ll fill out all the appropriate tax forms and file them for you.
You’ll get step-by-step instructions through your taxes, expert help when you need it, and every deduction and credit that applies to you. Of course, we make sure you get the biggest refund possible.
What is the Soonest You Can File Taxes in 2022?
The Internal Revenue Service will most likely set the opening day of the 2022 tax filing season between Jan 15 and Feb 15, 2022. That’s the soonest the IRS will begin accepting and processing 2021 tax year returns.
However, you can file your taxes early and have your return automatically sent to the IRS the minute they begin accepting tax returns.
Which means you’ll get your refund back before everybody else.
When is the Last Day for Filing Taxes
The tax filing deadline for 2022 will most likely be Apr 18.
The IRS website also has a wide variety of tools and information available to prepare taxes easier. In addition, the IRS recommends that you e-file and choose direct deposit as the way to receive your refund. This ensures you keep your information safe, your return is accurate, and that you receive your refund in the fastest amount of time.
Once again, the IRS has projected that nine out of ten returns will receive their refunds in less than 21 days. If you qualify, you should also take advantage of the free tax options available. You can go to IRS.gov to the “filing” tab to see what options may be available to you.
Additional Tax Filing Facts to Keep in Mind
- Up to 70% of taxpayers are eligible to file their taxes for Free. In addition, commercial partners of the IRS offer free brand name software to 100 million individuals and families who make less than $62,000.
- Online tax forms allow you to have electronic versions of IRS paper forms regardless of your income. They can be prepared and filed by you if you are comfortable preparing your income taxes.
- VITA and TCE provide free tax help to those who qualify. You can learn more about them by going to the IRS website and entering “free tax prep” in the search box. Alternatively, you can download the IRS2Go mobile app on your phone and find a free tax prep provider that way.
Tips for Filing Your Taxes
- Organize – Make sure that you have everything you need before you even begin working on your returns.
- E-File – E-filing comes with many benefits, such as ease of use, quick filing, and identity protection.
- Sign Up For Direct Deposit – If you want to receive your tax refund in the quickest amount of time, you need to sign up to have it direct deposited.
- Ask Questions if Needed – If you are unsure about something, ask questions. It is always better to be safe than sorry.
How to Get a Fast Tax Refund
When tax season rolls in, you can start preparing your tax return online. Once it is completed, you will be among the first taxpayers who have their returns processed and their refunds issued.
Keep in mind when you file your taxes with TurboTax or H&R Block, the process is easy. They provide you with the largest refund possible by ensuring that they ask the right questions to find out which deductions and credits you qualify for.
You can also use their free tax refund calculators to see how much your tax refund will be. When you file your taxes online, there is no way that you can go wrong, and many taxpayers can file their federal tax returns free or at a discount.
What to Do if You Have Not Received Your W-2
Before filing your tax return, you have to have all of the documents needed, including your W-2. All of your employers are responsible for sending you this, yet they do have until Feb 2 to do so. If you have not received your W-2 yet, you can follow these steps.
Contact Your Employer – If you have not received your W-2 yet, you need to contact your employer to see when they put it in the mail. It’s possible that it was returned to them due to incorrect mailing details. Once you have contacted them and found out the status, please give it a reasonable amount of time for your W-2 to arrive.
Contact The IRS – If you have not received your W-2 after Feb 14, it is time to call the IRS at 800-829-1040 for assistance. When calling, make sure you have your name, address, social security number, and phone number. Additionally, you will need your employer’s name, address, phone number, employment date, the estimated wages earned from them during the year, and the federal income tax withheld. To make an estimation, you should refer to your most recent pay stub.
File Your Return – Even if you do not have your W-2, the IRS expects you to file by Apr 18 or request an extension. After that, you can use Form 4852 Substitute for Form w-2, Wage, and Tax Statement. This form should be attached to your return; however, keep in mind your refund may be delayed since the IRS has to verify your information.
File Form 1040X – If you receive your W-2 after filing your taxes, you must amend your return by filing Form 1040X Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.
To ensure that you receive the maximum refund possible, it is recommended that you file your taxes using online software. It makes filing taxes easy, and when filing your taxes electronically, your tax refund will be returned to you sooner.